Wednesday, May 2, 2007

COMMUNISM!!!!!!

For my current event on communism, I chose an artice from the New York Post. It was about the death of Russia's former president, Boris Yeltsin. He is praised for ending communism in Russia and truly trying the help the people. "Many mourners said they admired Yeltsin for breaking the grip of the monolithic Communist Party and moving the country to pluralism - and said they feared Putin was reversing the progress." Harsh feelings are still apparently felt towards Yeltsin by communist lawmakers such as Mikhail Zapolev, who refused to stand for a moment of silence honoring Yeltsin. This was a very interesting article because I never really thought about communism before this, and I find it neat that a government can change so drastically. I cant imagine having a government set up differently than it is now!

1 comment:

kealyduke said...

good one. You do pretty good with this stuff. Even though you don't have to post more than 2 a week, try to.