Saturday, May 12, 2007

End of Slaughter House-Five

We just finished Slaughterhouse-Five last class. It was okay, definitly better that Scarlet Letter, but not as good as the Crucible. I really liked how the quiz was set up in class as well. I do alot better when the question is centered at one big event, rather than knowing all the little details that happened. I liked the last chapter, where everything was sort of tied together. I wish Billy talked more about his kidnapping and "life" in the Zoo because that was interesting to read about. Even though it was obvious to the reader that Billy was making this up, especially when we find out that one of Kilgore Trout's novel is exactly like Billys apparent life, and that he is one of Billy's favorite authors. I thought that was a very cool aspect of the book. It was definitly different from any book i've ever read, but I'm glad it's over.

No comments: